deep fried Ice creamFrom imanalienchef 8 years ago
- 8- number 8 scoops of ice cream(vanilla or any kind you choose..be creative)--use storebought or make your own. shopping list
- 1 loaf of pound cake-semi frozen(store bought or homade) shopping list
- 1-2 cups flour shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract/paste shopping list
- oil shopping list
- Materials needed: shopping list
- -Plastic wrap- 8 pre-cut pieces at least 1 to 11/2 feet long shopping list
- -cookie sheet shopping list
How to make it
- First make the tempura batter so it has time to sit and do its thing.
- Combine in a medium bowl 1 cup of flour the baking soda and baking powder and vanilla and mix well, then add just enough water whisking constantly to make a thick pancake batter like mix. do not make it too runny or it wont stick well. Now leave the batter rest on your counter until we need it later.
- Next scoop your ice cream balls and place them on a small cookie sheet lined with parchment and put these back into the freezer to reharden.
- While the balls are hardening we need to cut the semifrozen pound cake.
- Use a large sharp chefs knife and slice very thin--about 1/8 inch thick or 1/16th inch thick---slices of the cake and slice up the whole pound cake for this. Stack these gently on a plate for now.
- After about 20 minutes of letting the ice cream reharden, remove them from the freezer..Get a roll of saran/plastic wrap ready here.
- Working very quickly here, pick up an ice cream ball and layer pieces of pound cake all around the ball to completely cover it but do not overlap pieces. We want to compress firmly the pieces of cake...once layered and compact so not gaps are left dip, roll and coat well the entire ball in your tempura batter. Do so gently as the batter will stick and want to kind of tear of the cake if your not careful. Place the ball ball in a pre cut piece of saran wrap. Wrap the saran wrap around the ball and twist the ball tightly in the saran wrap like a lollipop is twisted tighly in its wrapper. Now place these on your sheetpan again and refrezze until your ready to use. Freeze for up to one month. Once your ready to eat them then fill a large saucepan with oil deep enough to deep fry the balls. Fry for only about 1 minute or so, plate em up and serve with whipped cream or any fruit topping you wish....Enjoy!!!!
The Cookimanalienchef Appleton, WI
The Rating4 people
I love fried ice cream, alien! ^5
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Wonderful ~ 5 forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Ok I just saw Tink's recipe and came looking for yours! WOW! Yours sounds incredible too! ^^5 from me!madmommy in Wayne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!