Chocolate Caliente CookiesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- • 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate Chunks, divided shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1/16 teaspoon (pinch) ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- • 2 large eggs shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- MICROWAVE 1 cup chunks in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Chunks may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until chunks are melted.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add melted chocolate; stir until blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Line baking sheets with foil.
- SHAPE dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on baking sheets.
- BAKE for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft. Immediately place remaining chunks, about 5 to 6 chunks per cookie, onto tops of cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks. Allow chunks to soften and spread melted chocolate evenly over tops of cookies.
- • For a richer chocolate flavor, substitute three 4-ounce bars of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCOLATIER 53% Cacao Dark or 62% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces, for the semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
A perfect blend of ingredients. We both 5 you!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
muy bien!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Mi Concuerdo con Jett, Muy Delicioso. Grande Cinco!Gracias Para Compartir.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!