West Texas Grapefruit PieFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 4 medium grapefruit shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup strained grapefruit juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 ounce box strawberry gelatin shopping list
- 9 inch pie crust baked shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Peel grapefruit then separate sections and remove from membranes.
- Place sections in a strainer over a bowl overnight.
- Cook sugar, juice, cornstarch and salt until thick and clear.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved then brush gelatin mixture over pie crust.
- Chill gelatin mixture and crust then when gelatin starts to thicken add grapefruit sections.
- Pour into pie crust and chill until set then top with whipped cream.