RED CABBAGE WITH APPLESFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 1 TB oil shopping list
- 1 head red cabbage (approx 2#), cored and thinly shredded shopping list
- 1/2 c. + 2 tsp water shopping list
- 1 large tart apple, cored and coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 TB packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp caraway seed (optional) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp flour shopping list
- 1 TB cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the cabbage and 1/4 c. Of water. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occaisionally until wilted. Stir in 1/4 c. Water, apple, brown sugar, if using caraway seed, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring often until cabbage is almost done.
- Meanwhile in a small cup mix flour with remaining 2 tsp. Of water; add vinegar. Add to the cabbage, stirring to coat. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!