Greek Yogurt Honey BunsFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 3 tbsp runny, flavourful honey shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup high-fibre hot cereal (I used Bob's Red Mill) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups full fat, thick vanilla yogurt, room temperature or slightly warm shopping list
- 2 tbsp melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, combine water, honey and yeast, stirring well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine flours, baking soda, cereal and salt in another bowl.
- Beat half the flour mixture into the yeast slurry, then mix in the yogurt and butter.
- Beat in remaining dry mixture and continue to beat 5-6 minutes, until it begins to clear the sides of the bowl and smooth out.
- Place into an oiled bowl, turn to grease the top.
- Cover and allow to rise 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and make into 10 balls (mine were about 4.3oz each).
- Roll each ball into a thin rope shape, then curl each rope into a tight, flat spiral. Pinch the "tail" of the spiral to seal it together. Cover and allow to rise 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a large baking sheet (or two smaller ones) with SilPat or parchment paper.
- Bake the spirals for 16 minutes, rotating sheet(s) halfway through.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire racks.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
omg I almost drooled looking at those, they look so yummy, I've been looking for a recipe like this, thanks a bunch!hunnee in Nanaimo loved it
wow great post wonderful recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
a wonderful post and share!!midgelet in Eastern loved it