TIPS FOR MAKING MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH BISCUITSFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- Make sure the shortening and baking powder or baking soda are fresh. shopping list
- Measure the ingredients carefully to ensure your biscuits will rise well and be light and fluffy. shopping list
- Cut the shortening into the flour using a pastry blender, two table knives, or a wire whisk until the mixture looks like fine crumbs. Thoroughly blending the shortening and dry ingredients produces flaky biscuits shopping list
- . Treat your biscuits gently—over-handling can toughen the dough. shopping list
- To make biscuits the same thickness, roll the dough between 2 dowel rods or sticks, 1/2 inch thick and 14 inches long. shopping list
- Push the biscuit cutter, dipped in flour, straight down into the dough for even-sized biscuits. Cut biscuits as close together as possible. shopping list
- If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, use a sharp knife or use cookie cutters for fun shapes shopping list
- . Lightly press—but don’t knead—leftover scraps of dough. shopping list
How to make it
- We will number these for you! Just hit 'enter' after every step.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Thank you for the tips!sallya2 in Kent loved it
You know, my husband, who makes Sunday Breakfast, has been on a quest of making the perfect biscuit for 20 years. He can bake up a storm. Cakes, pies, cookies, breads of all kinds. He is wonderful ! The allusive, common, fluffy biscuit that he tried ...morequaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!