Zucchini and Green Herb OmeletFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 small zucchini diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 6 large eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 green onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh herbs such as thyme, basil, oregano or tarragon shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese; grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- parmesan cheese grated shopping list
How to make it
- Heat broiler and place a skillet over high heat then when it is hot add oil.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper then cook stirring occasionally until zucchini begins to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium low then add eggs, green onions and herbs.
- Cook gently using fork to lift cooked portions from sides so uncooked center flows underneath.
- Cook until omelet is almost set about 5 minutes then scatter mozzarella over omelet.
- Transfer pan to heated broiler then broil 45 minutes.
- Brush with vinegar and sprinkle parmesan over top then serve hot or at room temperature.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!