Strawberry Almond Tart with ChocolateFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- - 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- - 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- - 1 stick butter shopping list
- - 1 egg yolk shopping list
- - 1/4 cup ground toasted almonds shopping list
- - 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- - 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur shopping list
- - 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- - 3 cups stemmed strawberries shopping list
- - 1/2 cup red currant jelly shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 9 or 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom with vegetable oil spray or butter.
- Cut chilled butter into small pieces. Combine flour, sugar and salt and blend until smooth. Then add butter, blend about 20 seconds.
- Add egg yolk, 2 tablespoons cold water, almonds and blend a few seconds.
- Turn dough out onto surface and gather into a ball. Shape into a flattened disc. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour. Roll dough out on floured surface to 1/8-inch thick square or circle. Fit into pan, pressing up sides. Refrigerate about 30 minutes. Pierce bottom of pastry all over with fork. Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring cream to simmer. Turn off heat and stir in liqueur and chocolate.
- Continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spoon into cooled tart shell and spread evenly. Cut strawberries into thin slices.
- Starting at outside of tart, arrange strawberry slices, slightly overlapping and working toward center until tart is completely covered. Heat jelly just until melted. Brush berries with warm jelly.
- Serves 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!