Chicken Stuffed With Spinach And FetaFrom pieplate 4 years ago
- chicken breasts, with or without skin and bone, although for this I prefer them to shopping list
- have both. shopping list
- For each chicken breast: shopping list
- ¼ c frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- ½ clove garlic shopping list
- ¼ c fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- small pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1 T chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 2 T minced green onion or leek or onion, microwaved 1 m with 1 t butter shopping list
- 2 T feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- optional: 1 T minced ham or chopped mortadella; 1 T grated Parmesan shopping list
- So, for four chicken breasts, you’d use 1 c each spinach & breadcrumbs, 2 cloves garlic, ¼ chopped fresh mint, generous pinch nutmeg, 1/3 to ½ c feta cheese plus the optional ingredients. shopping list
How to make it
- Ingredients must be fresh, or I can’t be held responsible for how the recipe turns out.
- With your hands, gently combine all ingredients so that you have a moist loose mixture.
- Cut pockets into the chicken breasts—DO NOT cut all the way through!
- Loosen the skin.
- Into each pocket, loosely pack ¼ c of the mixture.
- Gently spread the same amount under the skin.
- Use yet another ¼ c to cover any exposed chicken meat; if you are using skinned breasts, use that ¼ c on top. Pack this covering firmly.
- Bake at 325° for 45 m, or until juices barely run clear, then at 350 for 10 m. Don’t worry about the skin; if it’s critical for you to have crisp skin, use convection oven for the last 10 m, or broil it or something.
- Let rest 10 m and serve. Also excellent the next day sliced in a sandwich.