Pumpkin Snickerdoodle CookiesFrom rakista 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of molasses shopping list
- 1/4 cup white refined sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree shopping list
- 2-2.5 cups all-purpose flour ( depends on wetness of other ingredients ) shopping list
- 2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease cookie sheets with real butter.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together butter with brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in pumpkin purée.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Add to butter mixture and beat well to combine.
- In yet another bowl, mix sugar with pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets. Bake about 18 minutes, until set, not browned. Top with pumpkin pie spice sugar mixture while still hot. Transfer to racks to cool.