Gluten Free Low Fat Apple CakeFrom rrobby 5 years ago
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, diced and tossed with lemon shopping list
- juice and cold water. shopping list
- 2/3 C. raisins soaked in hot water and drained when softened shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 1/4 C. finely ground almonds shopping list
- 1 C. gluten Free baking mix substitute shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. GF baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Tblsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 C. sugar shopping list
- 2 C. sweet potato (not yam), peeled and grated shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp. rum flavoring shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 inch springform pan and cut parchment of bottom
- Peel, core and dice apple into 1/4" cubes. Toss with lemon juice and water.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- Using mixer, combine sugar and eggs and beat for 3-5 min. or until tripled in volume and light yellow.
- Peel and grate sweet potato (2 C.) and add to egg/sugar mix and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and incorporate well.
- Fold in drained apples, raisins and flavorings.
- Pour batter in pan and smooth.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered, cover with foil and bake an additional 30 min. Test with knife in center.
- Cool on wire rack, plate and glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice glaze. Drizzle glaze on cake so it drips down the sides.
The Cookrrobby McCall, ID
The Rating2 people
thank you for a great sounding new Gluten Free recipe to try....
a question ... is the GF flour mix a commercial mix labeled 'baking mix' or is it a flour blend that we make ourselves???
either way it sounds great.. and five fo...morepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Fantastic apple cake great flavor combo. thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!