Gluten free Cinnamon and sausage French toastFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 4 cups cubed gluten free bread ( about 6 slices) shopping list
- 1 ( 7-ounce) package Jones All NAtural Golden Brown sausage link or patties , sliced or cubed shopping list
- 1 TBSP. sugar shopping list
- 1 teasp. cinnamon shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. salt shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- arrange bread cubes and the sausage into a greased or buttered 13x9-inch baking dish
- combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the bread and sausage
- whisk eggs in a large bowl. whisk in milk and salt
- pour evenly over the bread mixture
- press down on the bread to allow the milk mixture to coat the top
- cover and refrigerate for at least and hour or up to 24 hours before baking
- bake in a preheated 350' F oven for 40 - 50 minuets or until the center is set... Increase the time to 50 minutes if the casserole was cold...
- cut into squares and serve with maple syrup...
- I have never used this brand of sausage but if it isn't precooked I would personally do so before putting it in with the bread
- the better the bread you use the better the finished dish will be.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!