Southern Fried Beef Steak With GravyFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds round steak cut into square servings shopping list
- 2 medium white onions sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon shortening shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups hot water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Beat steaks with meat mallet then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown steaks in hot shortening and set aside.
- In the same hot fat brown onions adding more shortening if necessary.
- Blend in flour and add 2 cups hot water then season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Add steaks to gravy then add Kitchen Bouquet and ketchup.
- Cover pan and let simmer until tender.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
Comfort food, oh, my. Brings back many memories, and round steak cooked in this manner is absolutely delicious!!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This is a great recipe- one of my favorite ways to make steak. A very high five!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!