Chili Dogs With Creamy ColeslawFrom aravi_vel 6 years ago
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 all-beef hot dogs shopping list
- 4 hot dog rolls shopping list
- 1/2 head of savoy cabbage, washed and shredded shopping list
- 1 red onion, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
How to make it
- Put a skillet over medium heat and drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil gets hazy, add 1 medium onion (chopped) and cook, stirring until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 pound of lean ground beef, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, and cook until nicely browned, about 10 more minutes. Stir in 1 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the coleslaw. Combine 1/2 head of Savoy cabbage (washed and shredded), 1/2 red onion (sliced), 1/2 cup mayo, juice of 1 lemon, some extra virgin olive oil and toss together. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator until you're ready to .
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Add a couple of garlic cloves to a pot of water and heat to a simmer. Dunk hot dogs in the water for about 5 minutes, until they are plump and juicy. Take them out of the water, pat dry, and throw them on the grill -- just long enough to leave a nice grill mark.
- Brush the insides of hot dog rolls with olive oil and lay them face down on the grill, and cook until toasty.
- To serve, put a dog in each roll and top with chili and a big scoop of creamy coleslaw.
The Cookaravi_vel Bangalore, India
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!