Pot Luck Eggs BenedictFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups milk or half and half shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 pound cooked ham, diced shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 8 hard cooked eggs, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 8 to 12 buttermilk biscuits, warmed and split shopping list
How to make it
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling salted water until tender-crisp.
- Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour.
- Whisk in milk or half and half and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add ham and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add eggs, salt, cayenne and asparagus.
- Heat through.
- Spoon over biscuits.