Light and Fluffy Gluten Free BiscuitsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 c. brown rice flour shopping list
- 2 c. corn starch* shopping list
- 1/2 c. soy flour or sorghum flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 stick of butter* (chilled in the freezer) shopping list
- 1 1/4 c. soy milk* shopping list
- 1 1/4 c. water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar* shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten (or the equivalent amount of your favorite egg replacement shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine the flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and xanthan gum.
- 3. Grate the butter into the flour using the small holed side of a box grater. Mix the butter into the flour so that there are no large balls of grated butter.
- 4. Add the soy milk, water, vinegar and beaten egg to the flour and stir until the dry and liquid ingredients are combined.
- 5. Using a large spoon, drop the dough onto a greased pan to make 16 biscuits. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook’s Notes:
- 1. If you’re not vegan or dairy free, feel free to use 1 c. buttermilk in place of the soy milk and vinegar. If you’re allergic to soy, try using your usual milk substitute and keep the vinegar in the recipe.
- 2. You may substitute potato starch or tapioca flour for the cornstarch.
- 3. 1 stick of butter = 8 Tbsp. = 1/2 c. = 1/4 lb. = 115 grams
- 4. Earth Balance Buttery Sticks should work if you need this to be casein free. I just checked their website and the sticks are gluten and dairy free.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!