Sourdough Banana BreadFrom peggy_cookingfool 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana shopping list
- 1 cup sourdough starter (I use Herman, but any will do) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups AP-flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease and sugar a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together canola oil and sugar, add egg and mix until blended.
- Stir in bananas, sourdough starter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients and stir just until mixed. Do not over mix or bread will be tough.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and continue to cool on wire rack.
- Cool bread completely to make slicing easier.
The Cookpeggy_cookingfool White Swan, WA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!