Portobella Sherry Chicken with Garlic cream sauceFrom scooterk 5 years ago
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 large packages of sliced or whole portobella mushrooms shopping list
- 1 package Philadelphia cream cheese (fat free) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 cup cream sherry shopping list
- 2 bundles green onions shopping list
- 1 package of crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 1 /2 cup of whipping cream shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- garlic pepper shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine (vegetable oil) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in meduim to large sauce pan
- Chop up half of portobella mushrooms and green onions into very fine pieces and put into sauce pan with melted butter, add garlic and sautee for approximately 5-10 minutes. Don't let garlic turn dark colored
- Add flour slowly and whisk until you have a roux with thick pudding like consistency.
- Slowly add sherry at end of sherry mixture should still be thick.
- add crumbled blue cheese and melt
- add cream cheese and stir thoroughly
- add chicken broth. may not be necessary to add full amount. You are looking for a semi-thick sauce consistency.
- Add whipping cream
- grab two large frying pans...in first melt some butter to sautee remaining portobella mushrooms. add some sherry to pan once mushrooms get soft from butter.
- in separate pan melt butter to brown chicken breasts. season with garlic salt and garlic pepper. once browned remove from pan, draining butter off of them, and place in large baking dish
- place sauteed portobella mushrooms over chicken breasts and pour your sauce over the breasts.
- place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- garnish with scallions serve with rice mixture. I use lipton's creamy chicken or butter garlic rice. I use either frozen sweet peas, or a side salad as vegetable.
The Cookscooterk Spring Lake, MI
The Rating4 people
OMG! My mouth is watering, sounds so fattening and good! Thanks for the great post. High 5.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
This sounds like a wonderful recipe. Can't wait to try it out! One question, what size package of cream cheese?valinkenmore in Malott loved it
it sounds like something that would empress the next group of people i will have to invite over to try this one. thanks.maywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!