Shrimp And Pea Pod Rice BowlFrom keni 6 years ago
- 4 cups cooked brown rice(I set the rice to cook in stock as I prep the rest of the meal...the timing seems to work out, well) shopping list
- 2lb fresh shrimp(medium size, about 60-70 shrimp or so), peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- juice from 2 large lemons shopping list
- 1/4 cup quality olive oil, plus 2T shopping list
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce(hot or sweet, depending on your taste, or, you can use Rooster sauce, too, if you prefer :) shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1T Dijon or hot mustard shopping list
- 2 avocados, diced* shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1/2lb sugar, Snap or snow peas(whatever you call them in your neck of the woods! ;) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and diced shopping list
How to make it
- As rice cooks and grill heats, prep the rest of the dish.
- In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, chili or hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Whisk to incorporate thoroughly.
- Add shrimp and toss or stir, carefully, to coat. Let sit about 5 minutes.
- Heat 2T olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Saute about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Thread shrimp on skewers, but reserve marinade.
- Add marinade to garlic and ginger, and reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer to reduce by about half , stirring occasionally, while grilling shrimp, adding pea pods just for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Grill shrimp over medium heat until pink.
- Place rice in large bowl. Add shrimp, green onion and avocado, and lightly toss or stir.
- Carefully pour sauce over rice and toss, again. Serve immediately.
- *A lil hint on cubing or dicing avocados is to half the avocado, as usual, and "score" the fruit, but NOT cutting through the skin.(see photo, above) Scoop the fruit out with a spoon.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
great family recipe my daughters will luv it thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
We really enjoyed this and I especially enjoyed how easy it was to throw together. I used the hot chili sauce and the avocados were a nice addition and complimented the heat. I could kick myself now but I ate first and waited to take my picture after...moresouplovingnicole in west fork loved it