Fried Mozzarella BallsFrom blackcupcake 4 years ago
- About 5 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound drained marinated bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), patted dry shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup plain fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- Equipment: a deep-fat thermometer shopping list
- Accompaniment: warm homemade or bottled spicy tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat about 11/2 inches oil to 360°F in a 3 1/2-to 4-quart heavy saucepan.
- Meanwhile, double-coat bocconcini by dipping in eggs, then in bread crumbs, and repeating.
- Transfer to a sheet of wax paper.
- Working in batches of 10, lower balls into oil with a slotted spoon and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 30 seconds per batch.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt. (Return oil to 360°F between batches.)
The Cookblackcupcake CHIOS, GR
The Rating6 people
mmmm yum! anything cheese = happiness! ^5madmommy in Wayne loved it
wow imagine----some pepperjack cheese throwed in some of them Yeah_wonderful post great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
great recipe.. fivepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!