Jamaican Chicken CurryFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 2Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves(10-12oz ea.)halved crosswise shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 ,med. onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 3 Tbs curry powder(preferably Jamaican) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 4 carrots,thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can(13.5oz.) coconut milk shopping list
- 1 pkg. (10oz) frozen peas,thawed shopping list
- cooked white rice,for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In large Dutch oven or heavy pot,heat oil over med-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in two batches,brown chicken 3 to 4 mins a side. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion,garlic,cumin,thyme and 1.2 cup water and season with salt. Cook,stirring occasionally,until onion has softened,3 to 5 mins
- Add carrots,coconut milk,1/2 cup water and chicken with accumulated juices. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer,cover partially,and cook until chicken is cooked through and carrots are twnder,about 10 mins
- Remove from heat and stor in peas. Serve curry over rice.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
hmmmmmm can't wait to try this baby, will have to go out for the curry powder though only have Indian curry at the mo.
thanks for a great post though :Dcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it