Beef Stew With Garlic And Red WineFrom bostonmargy 4 years ago
- olive or vegetable oil for cooking shopping list
- 1 1/4 lbs stew beef shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 tbs tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbs dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 4 - 6 medium potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 4 - 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into rounds shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in pan. When hot, add beef to brown, salting lightly
- When beef is browned on all sides, add garlic to pan and saute for one minute
- Add water, wine, tomato paste, sugar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- While beef is cooking, cut up potatoes and carrots, mince parsley.
- Add potatoes after 1 1/2 hours. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots. Bring to boil, cover and cook another 20 minutes
- Add peas and parsley. Cover and cook over low heat for about five minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.