Pistachio topping with Cherry PieFrom michellem 4 years ago
- For the pistachio Crumble shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole oats, ground to a flour in a food processor(yielding 1/2 cup oat flour) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup shelled unsalted whole pistachios, coarsely ground in a food processor or chopped medium fine by hand shopping list
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- For the Sour Cherry Filling shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 1/4 pounds fresh sour cherries, pitted, or 2 pound frozen sour cherries, partially thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your favorite pie crust
- Roll out the dough into a round 14 inches and 1/4 inch thick. Gently fit in to a 10 inch pie plate. Fold the edges under and crimp. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- To make the pistachio crumble
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, oat flour, sugar, Cinnamon, salt, and pistachios.
- 2. Stir in the melted butter and mix gently to combine.
- Before you make the filling
- Place a rack in the bottom third of your oven. Preheat the oven to 350*. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- To make the Cherry Filling
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- 2. In a medium bowl, place the cherries and sprinkle the flour mixture over the top; mix gently to combine. (If you are using fresh cherries, the natural sweetness can vary. Tate the mixture to see if you need more sugar that is called for.)
- 3. Pour the cherries into the unbaked pie shell.
- To complete the Pie
- 1. Sprinkle the pistachio crumble evenly over the top of the cherries.
- 2. Place the pie plate on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. or until the juices are bubbling and thick. Remove to a rack to cool to room temp. before serving.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating4 people
wow! sounds wonderful - great photos too!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Oh wow a pistachio "crumble" on top!?...this sounds so different and yummy yummy yummy! I must try this one!! ^5madmommy in Wayne loved it
The topping here sounds so unique, and the pie looks and sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing this!juels in Clayton loved it