Apricot Torte With Chocolate ButtercreamFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 6 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 5 tablespoons Domino® or C&H® Granulated Pure Cane sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- chocolate BUTTERCREAM: shopping list
- 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Pure Cane sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules shopping list
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- apricot FILLING: shopping list
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) apricot halves, drained shopping list
- 1 cup apricot preserves shopping list
- chocolate curls shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until thickened. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture. Gradually fold in flour.
- Divide batter among three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- For buttercream, in a small saucepan, whisk the sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla and coffee. Add chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until thickened (do not boil). Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add chocolate mixture; set aside. Finely chop apricots; drain and place in a bowl. Stir in preserves; set aside.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers; place one on a serving plate. Spread with 2/3 cup buttercream. Top with a cake layer and 2/3 cup apricot filling. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls. Yield: 12 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!