Blue Cheese Encrusted Bacon Wrapped Stout Marinated Filet Surf And TurfFrom breadhead 5 years ago
- Two fillets of beef (whichever cut you prefer) shopping list
- 12 oz stout beer. Ideally an oatmeal stout that has a low bitterness level. shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 Tbl. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Enough thick cut bacon to wrap around the fillets shopping list
- 2 oz (or more to your taste) blue cheese (get the good stuff, it's worth it) shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (any bread crumb will do in a pinch) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 sweet onion shopping list
- 10 medium shrimp (uncooked) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine Stout, Worcestershire sauce, and minced garlic. Marinade steaks for a few hours
- Cook bacon in large iron skillet until done, but still soft. Set aside
- Cook peeled and devained shrimp in bacon grease just until they turn pink on each side. Do not overcook. Set aside
- Remove steaks from marinade, wrap with cooked bacon using tooth picks to secure. Top with some salt, pepper, and a little bit of the garlic from the marinade
- In a small skillet saute the sliced onion then add marinade. Reduce marinade until it is about one fourth or less of its original volume. Set aside
- Get the Iron skillet with the bacon grease in it very hot, and cook the steaks a few minutes on each side, until they are cooked to your liking.
- Combine blue cheese and bread crumbs, and rub together to combine
- Top Steaks with blue cheese mixture and place in a hot broiler until a brown crust forms
- Serve reduced sauce on the side of the steak with other side dishes.
- I prefer to serve with steamed broccoli and roasted potatoes and thyme to give myself a sense that I am doing something healthy tonight.