Garlic Blue Cheese SoupFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 30 whole cloves of garlic (about 3 heads), peeled shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1/2 cup brandy shopping list
- 5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock shopping list
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 6 ounces gorgonzola or other blue cheese shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the whole garlic cloves to the pan, decrease the heat to low and cook until cloves are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slowly and carefully add the sherry and brandy, slowly increase the heat to high and reduce the liquid by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and chicken stock, and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl and purée in batches in a blender, then return the soup to the pan.
- Add the hot pepper sauce and cream, and cook over low heat until the cream almost comes to a boil.
- Whisk about 4 ounces of the cheese into the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into soup bowls and garnish with the remaining blue cheese and chives.
- Serve hot
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
I love the combinations !chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
wow love this soup thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
excellent Midge.puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Garlic Lovers460 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Soup Is Good Food59 members
I Love SOUP97 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Soups And Stews106 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members