Mamon Filipino Sponge CakeFrom hnypups 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- In a another large bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until meringue-like but not stiff.
- Gradually add sugar while beating.
- Then, add vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Divide sifted cake flour with baking powder into four.
- Add one part of the flour mixture, beat with a spoon until lumps are gone.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and alternately with 1 part of the flour mixture Continue beating until smooth.
- Line small muffin pans (serves 9 big muffin cups) with paper cups and pour mixture about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Finished when toothpick comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookhnypups Quezon City, PH
The Rating6 people
This is as close to Goldilocks as I've ever gotten in my (many!) attempts to make a Filipino cake. Really very very good. Made it into a layer cake w/ Coconut Buttercream from Epicurious (but cut the frosting's sugar down to 3/4 cup and used vanilla ...moreaokhenry in Reno loved it
This looks really good I will have to make this sometime soon.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it
Looks sooo good... 'wish I can have some now... =Dsugarmama in Chicago loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!