Sweet Potato Coconut Curry with ShrimpFrom skyduchess 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive or extra virgin coconut oil shopping list
- 2 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced gingerroot shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Thai green curry paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut milk shopping list
- 1 pound (500 g) cooked peeled shrimp, thawed if frozen shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) toasted slivered almonds, optional shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) finely chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and cook, stirring until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and gingerroot and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Transfer to slow cooker stoneware.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine curry paste and lime juice.
- Add to slow cooker stoneware and stir well.
- Stir in coconut milk and shrimp.
- Cover and cook on High for 20 minutes, until shrimp are hot. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with almonds, if using, and cilantro and serve.