Baked Coconut Shrimp with Lime-Chutney Dipping SauceFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 lb. large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated Sunkist® lime peel shopping list
- ½ tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 egg whites, beaten until just foamy shopping list
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- For dipping sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup mango chutney (may also use apricot preserves) shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed Sunkist® lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, lime peel, garlic powder in one bowl, gently whisk egg whites in second bowl, and place coconut in third bowl.
- Dip each shrimp in flour mixture, then egg white, then coconut (press coconut onto shrimp with fingers to secure coating), and place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- To make dipping sauce, warm chutney with lime juice in saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve shrimp warm with dipping sauce.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
This sounds delicious Peeta the dipping sauce sounds wonderful, I can hardly wait to try it out.
Five forks and a huge smile :)
trigger in loved it
i dont like seafood but my daugterinlaw loves this so im saving it for her thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Mmmmm.....sure sounds good! I also like the fact that the shrimp is baked, rather than fried! Thanks for the post!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!