Sweet Italian Sausage CasseroleFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 1 cup diced (1/2-inch) eggplant shopping list
- 1 cup diced (1/2-inch) zucchini shopping list
- 1 cup diced (1/2-inch) red or green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- cayenne or black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 ounces grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt the margarine with the oil in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add the sausage meat and cook for 10 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spoon. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon; reserve.
- 2. To the same pot, add the eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Stirring occasionally, cook until softened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the reserved sausage, the tomatoes, parsley, basil and cayenne. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Spoon the mixture into an 8x9-inch, oven-to-table baking dish to fit and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 350°F preheated oven until the cheese melts, about 15 to 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
yummie-yum-yum great post thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
OH Yeah Baby!!!! yummers ..........lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I like this, peeta. love Italian sausage. Of course you get my 5 :)victoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!