chewy molasses cookiesFrom pieplate 7 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter.
- Mix in sugar, molasses, and honey. Beat very well.
- Add egg. Beat very well. Mixture will be rather runny.
- Add baking soda, flour and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough at least 15 m.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into balls the size of small walnuts and roll in sugar.
- Place on greased/silpat/parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees 7-8 minutes, rotating the cookie sheet halfway through.
- Take out of the oven when they have puffed and the tops are set--do not overbake!! Cool 2-5 min on the cookie sheet, then remove to a cooling rack. If they are too hard, bake in a cooler oven, say 340, or watch them more closely. If they are too cakey, use 2 T less flour (next time, obviously).
- Store in an airtight container. The butter will keep them from sticking to each other :--)