Cranberry Glazed ChickenFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour divided shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt divided shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then combine 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Roll chicken pieces in flour mixture then brown in oil and butter in large skillet.
- When brown remove from pan and place in baking dish.
- In skillet with drippings mix until smooth water, brown sugar, vinegar and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Stir in cinnamon, cloves, allspice and remaining salt.
- Add cranberries and cook slowly stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces and bake for 1 hour.