Carrot Salad with Cinnamon VinaigretteFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 package of organic carrots, scrubbed and shredded shopping list
- 2 navel oranges, one segmented/one juiced shopping list
- 2 stalk of celery, strings removed and minced quite small shopping list
- generous handful of dried cranberries (I like the tart better than raisins) shopping list
- 1 head of bibb or boston lettuce shopping list
- 1 small package of roasted cashews chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of champagne or white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup of fresh orange juice from one of the naval oranges shopping list
- generous pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub and grate the carrots.
- Remove tough strings from celery and mince.
- Juice on naval, reserve juice for dressing
- Segment the other orange and add to the carrots and celery.
- Add the cranberries to the mix.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Shake like crazy.
- Drizzle about half over carrots, celery, orange and cranberries.
- Toss gently.
- Add more dressing if necessary to moisten.
- Refigerate at least an hour to meld the flavors.
- Serve salad in lettuce cups and top each mound of celery with chopped cashews.
- Leftover dressing is great on cold ooked diced sweet potatoes with celery and chopped green onions.