Smoked PateFrom 22566 6 years ago
- 1 Pound Center-Cut trout,boneless,skin on shopping list
- oil for brushing shopping list
- 3 Pieces Applewood,soaked in cold water for 1 hour and drained shopping list
- 1 Small pear,peeled,cored,and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 Cup onion,minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic,minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Brush trout with oil and set aside.
- Prepare smoker.
- When coals are hot,add drained wood.
- Set water pan,about two-thirds full of hot water,in place.
- Place trout on grill rack.
- Cover and cook trout for 45 minutes or until done to taste.
- Fish will be a golden color and will flake easily when prodded with tines of a fork.
- Remove skin and bones from trout.
- Flake fish and place in a bowl.
- Mix in pear,onion,sage,red pepper,garlic,and salt.
- Mix pate until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
- The pate can be served immediately or covered and refrigerated for later use.
- Serve with crudites such as carrot sticks,pepper slices,scallions,and other vegetables of your choice and crackers.
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!