Shrimp PaesanoFrom april13 7 years ago
- 1 lb shrimp; deveined & de-shelled shopping list
- 1 quart half & half shopping list
- olive oil (frying) shopping list
- flour (coating) shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. butter; cut in slices (3 sticks) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves; finely minced shopping list
- 2 pinches parsley; finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium lemon; juice only shopping list
- Chives; chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 package of angel hair (optional; amount depends on serving size since main dish was really the shrimp) shopping list
How to make it
- --angel hair-- Cook according to package
- --shrimp-- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Soak shrimp in half & half for at least 10 minutes (longer is OK)
- Drain and roll shrimp in flour; saute in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes (do not turn shrimp)
- Remove shrimp and place in baking dish (sauteed side down) and turn oven to broil; broil 5 minutes
- --sauce-- Mix egg yolk, lemon juice & 1/2 of the butter (1 1/2 sticks) and whisk over low heat until melted; take off heat
- Add garlic and rest of butter and stir briskly until butter melts.
- Place back on heat and add some half & half (depends on the thickness you would like) to thicken sauce and continue to whisk.
- Add parsley & chives and mix. (Personally, I like it without the chives but if you would like it, a few pinches would work). If leaving sauce on heat, make sure to keep it low and whisk occasionally to prevent curdling. Also, if you're not a fan of having tiny pieces of garlic in sauce or even the herbs, you can strain them out. I normally do out of habit.