Curried Beef Pies SamosasFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- Q box(15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts shopping list
- 2 tsp oil shopping list
- 1 c diced potato shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped onion shopping list
- 8 oz. lean ground beef shopping list
- 2Tbs curry powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs each minced garlic and ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 c frozen petite peas shopping list
- 1/2c chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1 large eff,slightly beaten shopping list
- Serve with: purchased chutney shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray. Let pie crusts sit at room temperature for about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile,heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Saute potato and onion 4 mins. or till almost tender. Add beef;cook 2 mins,breaking up, until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Retuen to heat.
- Stir in curry powder,garlic,ginger,salt and pepper;cook 1 min. Stir in peas and chicken broth;cook 2 mins until almost dry and potatoes are tender. Remove from heat;let cool slightly.
- Unroll pie crust on cutting board. Cut in 4 equal wedges. Moisten edges of 1 wedge with water/ Place 1/3c filling on half of wedge,leaving about 1/2" border on two sides. Fold in half to make a triangle,pressing edges to seal in filling. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crust and filling.
- Brush lightly with egg. Bake 15 to 20 mins until golden. Serve samosas warm with chutney on the side.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
Thanks Pleclare.....for a wonderful recipe ....i will surely use your filling recipe..... however i make my own samoosa pastry....very time consuming,though......:]
have a blessed week-end!!!!!!!!
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
WOW...wonderful combination of flavors!Thanks for sharing,Pleclare!ambus in Lahore loved it
Wonderful - just fits for the Indian foodie in me! Will try soon and post a picture for you.
High 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it