Red Raspberry Ice Cream Cake with Raspberry Amaretto SauceFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 6 cups red raspberries, frozen shopping list
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream shopping list
- About 2 dozen Italian-style ladyfingers shopping list
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur (optional) shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 4 cups frozen red raspberries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (substitute 1/2 teaspoon almond extract if you shopping list
- prefer a nonalcoholic sauce) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- Garnish shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Coat springform with cooking spray and then line with plastic wrap. Let plastic wrap hang over the sides of the pan.
- Thaw 6 cups frozen raspberries. Remove ice cream from freezer and soften.
- Cut ladyfingers in length to be flush with top edge of plastic-lined pan; stand them, with rounded edge at the top, along the sides of the pan. Place additional ladyfingers in the bottom of the pan, squeezing them in tightly to cover completely, cutting to fit in small areas if needed. Sprinkle Amaretto over ladyfingers; set aside.
- Puree raspberries in a food processor with the sugar. Press through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Add softened ice cream to raspberry puree, and combine well. Pour ice cream mixture into prepared pan with ladyfingers. Freeze cake, covered with plastic wrap, until frozen hard, about 6 hours.
- To serve, remove cake from freezer and let soften in refrigerator at least 30 minutes and up to 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan, discarding plastic wrap.
- Whip heavy cream with sugar and almond extract until stiff peaks form. Garnish cake by piping cream along edge of cake with a large piping tip. Top cream with fresh or frozen whole raspberries.
- Serve cake with sauce. Pass extra sauce at the table. Makes 10 servings.
- To make the sauce: In a food processor, puree raspberries with sugar and Amaretto (or almond extract) and force through a fine sieve into a bowl. Sauce may be made ahead, covered and chilled
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Quick easy and delicious gets 5 forks and a save!victoriaregina in USA loved it
Sounds Really Delicious!goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Sounds fabulous. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!