Little Pasta Ears With Purple Sprouting Broccoli Bacon And Gorgonzola With PSB And Chestnut PestoFrom victoriaregina 5 years ago
- 1 box or bag orriechiette pasta shopping list
- 2-4 handfuls of purple broccoli (or use green, if not available) shopping list
- 8-10 slices bacon (I like the peppered for this dish) shopping list
- small amt crumbled gorganzola (it will overpower if you add too much-you just want a taste of it) shopping list
- handful cooked chestnuts shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Blanch the broccoli for a minute or two in boiling water, then plunge into iced water. Set aside.
- Chop up bacon into small strips - Fry until slightly browned and crispy. Drain onto kitchen towel, and set aside.
- Crumble some creamy gorgonzola - set aside.
- In a food processor, add a good handful of blanched PSB, a small handful of cooked chestnuts, half a clove of garlic, a small handful of parmesan, and a good amount of oil, plus seasoning to taste. Mix it all in the processor until you have a pesto consistency - it shouldn't be too thick, as you want it to properly coat the pasta. Taste, and adjust seasoning..
- Drain pasta.
- In the same (large) frying pan as you fried the bacon , add about 1/4 -1/2 cup olive oil and heat through.
- Tip in the pasta, bacon, and PSB. Once mixed, add the pesto. Finally, toss in the gorgonzola. One final stir, and you can serve it with additional cheese on the table.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating9 people
awsome recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it