Chocolate Bread PuddingFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 4 cups French bread torn into small pieces and lightly packed into measuring cup shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter softened shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 cups evaporated milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 then place bread in lightly buttered casserole dish and set aside.
- In large mixer bowl beat butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add evaporated milk, eggs, cocoa, vanilla, salt and cream of tartar.
- Beat on low speed of mixer until blended then stir in raisins and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Pour mixture over bread making sure bread is covered with mixture.
- Sprinkle coarsely chopped pecans over top and bake 45 minutes.
- Place foil over top during last 10 minutes of baking.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!