Crab Cakes stuffed with AvocadosFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1/4c olive oil,divided shopping list
- 1 large shallot,finely chopped shopping list
- 2/3c fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3c shredded asiago cheese shopping list
- 3Tbs low fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 2Tbs fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2Tbs finely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 2Tbs finely chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 1Tbs Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 egg,beaten shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cans(6oz.ea.) lump crab,rinsed,drained,picked through for shells and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 ripe hass avocado,halved,pitted,peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 6 cups mixed greens shopping list
- 6 oranges,peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3c prepared balsamic salad dressing shopping list
- 6 oranges shopping list
How to make it
- In small skillet,heat 2tsp. oil over med. heat. Add shallots and saute for 2 mins.
- In large bowl,combine shallots,bread crumbs,cheese,mayonnaise,lemon juice,bell pepper,parsley,mustard,egg,salt and crab. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir in avocados. Form crab mixture into 12 cakes and chill 30 mins.
- In large skillet,heat 2 Tbs oil over med. heat. Add crab cakes and cook for about 3 mins till browned,turn and brown other side.
- Serve on bed of greens and sliced oranges,drizzled with dressing.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! Thank you.californiacook in loved it
That's an awesome twist!floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it