Zucchini BreadFrom whodunitrdr 6 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup oil shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups zucchini ; grated (unpeeled, remove seeds if using giant zukes) shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts ; chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour or until done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- Makes 2 loaves.
- Slices better the next day.
- Store tightly wrapped.
- NOTES : During the summer when zucchini is plentiful, freeze the freshly grated zucchini in heavy duty freezer bags in 2 cup amounts. To have fresh zucchini bread during the winter, simply thaw a bag of zucchini, squeeze out the excess water and proceed with the recipe.