Salmon with Thai Sweet Chili sauce and MangoesFrom midgelet 4 years ago
How to make it
- Season salmon with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika.
- In butter or oil brown salmon over medium high heat on each side.
- Then with skin side down, layer wedges of ripe mango over the salmon.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the Thai sweet chili sauce over mango and cover salmon, reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes more or until salmon fully cooked.
- Remove cover and turn heat to high and cook several minutes more to reduce liquids a bit.
- Cut salmon into 4 pieces and serve with some of the mango and sauce from the pan.
- Rice and a vege make a nice accompaniment.
- Note: Thai sweet chili sauce available at oriental ethnic grocers.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
This is a great recipe. I do something similar on the grill but don't use mangos. I will try this inside - next time it rains in Seattle and I want fish (250 days a year)! Thanks,
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it