Gobi Matar - Peas N Cauliflower CurryFrom sweetooth 5 years ago
- cauliflower (1 medium head) cut into florets shopping list
- Shelled / frozen peas (about 1/2 the quantity of florets) shopping list
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- cinnamon - 1" stick (whole) or 1/4 tsp (powder) shopping list
- cardamom - 2 (Whole) shopping list
- cloves - 3 (Whole) shopping list
- tomato puree - 1.5 tbsp shopping list
- tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp (yes - this does work wonders!) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp veg/sunflower oil shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp ghee / butter shopping list
- Grind together: shopping list
- 15 whole cashewnuts shopping list
- 1tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 2tsp coriander seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- 1 green chilli (no- not optional at all!) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 white onion - cubed roughly shopping list
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Parboil or microwave-cook cauliflower florets until almost done and set aside
- Heat oil and ghee/butter in a pan/wok.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom and cinammon and fry till the seeds splutter
- Add in the ground paste and tomato puree and fry in medium flame until oil separates out (a nice aroma should waft up by this time)
- Add parboiled florets, peas, salt and just enough water to bring to a thick gravy consistency, lower flame and cook with covered lid until the vegetables are done.
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar and ketchup and mix well
- Take off flame and mix in chopped coriander saving a little to garnish.
- Best serve with naan/chapatti/basmati rice and raita as a main dish (especially for a vegetarian meal) or as a side with a meat dish if you like.
The Cooksweetooth London, GB
The Rating3 people
This is lovely! I added it to the 'Undercover Veggies' group - cauli is one of the few veg my husband will eat, and even then only when it is covered in melted cheese - I'll try this one!sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it