Chicken and Rice KabsaFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 to 1.5kg chicken, cut up shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or puree shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, grated shopping list
- Grated peel of 1 orange shopping list
- 3 whole cloves shopping list
- 2 cardamom pods or 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom seeds shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of long-grain rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter or margarine in a large pot.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Sauté until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce or puree.
- Simmer over low heat 1 minute to blend flavors.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, orange peel, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and Return chicken pieces to pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer over low heat 30 minutes.
- Stir rice into liquid between pieces of chicken.
- Or remove chicken, stir in rice, then return chicken pieces to pot.
- Cover and Simmer for 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
- Soak Raisins in worm water for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with lightly fried raisins and almonds.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Sounds great! Thanks and 5 forks..noola in Peterborough loved it
love this recipe high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Cooking Chicken203 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner119 members
Chicken Please144 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Chicken Little166 members