Red Lentil SoupFrom prince 7 years ago
- 1 c. of dry red lentils shopping list
- 1 c. of butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed shopping list
- 1/3 c. of finely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 c.of water shopping list
- 1/2 (14 oz.) can of coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp. of curry powder shopping list
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of peanut oil shopping list
- 1 small chopped onion, shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of minced fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 clove of chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 pinch of fenugreek seeds shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to add some olive oil to a pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic, ginger, and fenugreek until onions turn yellow.
- Now you want to add the lentils, squash, and cilantro to the pot.
- Next you can add in the water, coconut milk, and the tomatoe paste.
- You are going to want to season with the curry powder, cayenne powder, nutmeg, salt and the pepper. This of course, is to your taste.
- Let this come to a full boil, then reduce the flame to low.
- Let this simmer around 30 min., let your lentils and squash get tender.