Oatmeal Pecan and Date Sticky BiscuitsFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- TOPPING AND FILLING shopping list
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup (packed) dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced pitted Medjool dates shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- biscuits shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced, plus 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup cup (or more) buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- TOPPING AND FILLING
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F. Spray 10-inch-diameter cake pan with 2-inch-high sides with nonstick spray. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until sugar dissolves and syrup is bubbling at edges, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in vanilla.
- Spread syrup evenly in prepared pan. Arrange pecans, rounded side down, in concentric circles in syrup. Mix 1/3 cup sugar, dates, and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add diced butter. Rub in with fingertips until coarse meal forms. Add 3/4 cup buttermilk and toss, using fork, until moist clumps form, adding more buttermilk by tablespoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into rectangle.
- Roll dough out on floured parchment paper to 16x8-inch rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with date mixture; press to adhere. Starting at 1 long side and using parchment as aid, roll up jelly-roll style. Cut dough log crosswise into 8 equal pieces. Place 1 piece, cut side down, in center of pan; arrange remaining 7 pieces around center. Press each to flatten slightly. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake biscuits until tester inserted into dough comes out clean and syrup is bubbling thickly, about 35 minutes. Remove biscuits from oven and let stand 1 minute. Place platter over pan. Using oven mitts, hold pan and platter together and invert. Lift off pan; scrape syrup left in pan over biscuits. Cool at least 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Wonderful i can taste them now,....... bring them on lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh Boy, this sounds great. Low fat, of course - lol! Thanks again for a great post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!