Mantua Hunting Club Brunswick Stew made with VenisonFrom cowboycope34 6 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 potatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained shopping list
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid shopping list
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1 pound ground venison shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, diced shopping list
- 3 teaspoons salt, or to taste shopping list
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan; add potatoes, and boil until tender ( about 15 minutes)...
- Pour the potatoes and the water used to boil them into a large pot...
- Stir in onion, peas, corn, tomatoes, ground venison, and bacon...
- Bring to a boil...Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally...
- Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and sugar...
- If stew appears too watery, stir together flour and some of the stew liquid in a small cup, and then stir mixture into the stew...
- Continue cooking for 1 hour...
The Cookcowboycope34 Mantua, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!