chilled sweet potato saladFrom blackpondoutfitters 5 years ago
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 c cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c. honey shopping list
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2/3 c. diced red onion shopping list
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/3 c. dried currants, dried cherries, or raisins (optional) shopping list
- 2/3 c. coarsely chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds, lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- bring water to boil in a steamer and place the sweet potatoes in the steamer basket, cover and steam until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- whisk mustard, vinegar, honey and oil together in a small bowl until smooth.
- in a large bowl, combine the red onion, cranberries, currants and nuts. add the sweet potoatoes and dressing and toss to coat.
- chill for at least an hour before serving (it improves if made a day or two ahead of time).
The Cookblackpondoutfitters Alto Pass, IL
The Rating4 people
Sounds differnt and yummy - thanks for the great post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
I like eveything in it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
sounds good... will give this a try.five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!