Black Bottom Pecan PieFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. fine salt shopping list
- 7 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed shopping list
- and chilled shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup, such as Karo shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine flour and 1 tsp. salt on a work surface. Using your fingers, rub butter into flour until there are no remaining pieces larger than peas. Make a well in the center and pour in 1/4 cup cold water. With your fingertips, mix water into flour. Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Roll dough out to a circle 12" in diameter. Fold dough over rolling pin and unfold over a 9" pie pan. Ease dough over bottom and into sides of pan. Trim off overhanging dough with a small knife and refrigerate pie dough for 30 minutes.
- 3. Heat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk together the bourbon and cornstarch until dissolved. Whisk in eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and pecans. Spread chocolate chips evenly over bottom of pie dough and pour filling on top. Bake until browned and bubbly, 1 hour. Transfer to a rack and let pie cool for at least 2 hours before serving.