Chipotle Rubbed Beef RibsFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 5 lbs. beef back ribs shopping list
- 4 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 bottle dark beer shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Chipotle powder shopping list
- 3 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5 quart Dutch oven combine beef broth, onions, beer, garlic and 1 tsp. salt.
- Rub the ribs with thyme and chipotle powder.
- Add to Dutch oven and bring to a simmer. Cover. Set the Dutch oven in a 350°F oven for about 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and cool ribs in liquid. Remove ribs and reduce liquid to about a cup and reserve.
- Mix together the reduced broth from ribs, molasses, balsamic vinegar, Tabasco and remaining salt. Use as a sauce for ribs.